Saturday, February 27, 2010

On The Road Again



Well, had a nice break in travels to play golf with some old golfing buddies from Northern Virginia. Shot an 82 the first day, then on the second day shot a 41 on the front nine before getting rained out on the 11th. I remember when I would have played on in the rain. Funny how your perspective changes at age 70. On thursday, our last day, we played TPC Tampa Bay and I shot an 86. All in all, not bad for an old man!!
Now back on the road for a few days. Spent Friday at Venice Rookery and the Little Estero Lagoon in Ft Meyers Beach. Neither were especially productive. I think the water is too high and the weather is too cold for the birds. Saturday I will try Cape Coral for the Burrowing Owls and then check out Ft DeSoto Park before heading back to Orlando area to shoot Gatorland Rookery again!! That has definitely been the best spot so far.

No comments: