Sunday, August 28, 2011

Checking In


First let me apologize to those of you who check my blog occasionally looking to be caught up on my wanderings and see some new images.  It has really been a busy spring and summer for me and I am just getting halfway caught up on the backlog. I received emails from several folks checking if I was alright since I had not been posting.  I appreciate the concern for my health and will try hard to establish a regular schedule of posting.  Since here last I have been back to Texas, in and out of the Smokies and Blue Ridge, including Cades Cove and Cataloochee.  Had some interesting Bear encounters in Cades Cove a week ago and next time I will share them with you and some images of the bear cubs and beautiful deer bucks that I photographed while there.  Coming up though is Colorado and South Texas (again).  I will spend 12 days in Colorado leaving on the 16th and will shoot a few days in the Rocky Mountain National Park with Weldon Lee.  This is the period of the Elk rut so I am looking forward to some good shots of these huge animals.  Then in November as the Fall Migration is in full stride, I will return to South Texas and spend 5 days on one of the ranches with blinds and all.  In preparation for Colorado, I was looking through my old image files and found a few that I like and that have great B&W potential.  One of these was taken in the Garden of theGods and  is posted here for your enjoyment.  The 2011 Photographic Society of America International Exhibition of Photography will take place in Colorado Springs the week of the 19th.  I have had 6 of my images accepted into this exhibition and am excited about my work being shown in the great venue!!  So long for now and take care!

No comments: